Chore Services are ideal for individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions.
These services are short-term, non-continuous tasks necessary to maintain a clean, safe, sanitary and habitable home environment to maintain consumers health and safety.
Chore services include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- doing heavy cleaning (washing walls, windows, stoves and woodwork);
- cleaning closets, basements and attics to remove fire and health hazards;
- cleaning/shampooing and securing rugs and carpets;
- spraying for insects within the home with over-the-counter supplies;
- providing rodent control within the home (i.e., setting traps);
- replacing light bulbs, fuses, electrical plugs, and frayed cords;
- replacing door locks and window catches;
- replacing faucets or faucet washers;
- installing screens and storm windows;
- installing weather stripping around doors;
- conducting outside maintenance including, lawn cutting, edging, weeding, pruning, raking leaves, planting gardens, mulching, spring clean up.