Our homemakers at the agency offer direct and practical assistance with household tasks and related activities. Homemaker services assist the consumers who have experienced a loss in the ability to perform the instrumental activities in daily living to remain in a safe, clean, and healthy home environment.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living refers to certain daily tasks (light housework, preparing meals, taking medications, shopping for groceries or clothes, using the telephone, and managing money), which enable consumer to live independently in their community.
Conducting routine housekeeping activities such as:
- making/changing beds
- washing dishes, pots/pans, utensils
- cleaning kitchen counters, cupboards and appliances, ovens, refrigerator
- gathering trash
- cleaning bathroom fixtures
- sweeping, vacuuming carpets and upholstery
- washing inside windows and blinds within reach
- doing laundry
- meal planning and preparation
- assistance with diet plans and maintenance provided by physician
- escorting/transporting consumer to medical facilities, errands, shopping
- shopping for essential items – groceries and supplies
- companionship, friendship, emotional support