Our Companionship service includes non-medical care, socialization and basic supervision to ensure consumer safety and well-being. Companions may provide light housekeeping tasks, which are secondary to the care and supervision of the consumers.
Agency provides Companion/Sitter services to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions.
Companion/Sitter services include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support;
- talking listening, sharing experiences;
- playing games/cards, reading to consumer etc.;
- helping keep consumer in contact with family, friends and the outside world;
- providing transportation to medical appointments, grocery store and errands;
- accompanying consumer to recreational and/or social events;
- assisting with plans for visits and outings;
- writing or typing letters/correspondence;
- organizing and reading mail;
- planning local trips and out-of-town travel with consumer;
- teaching/performing meal planning and preparation;
- performing light housekeeping;
- accompanying consumer on walks;
- reminding consumer to take medication;
- reminding consumer to start or finish meals; and,
- assisting with pet care.